China upset over Japanese PM's visit to Yasukuni Shrine
Japanese Prime Minister visited Yasukuni Shrine again. Since he was inaugurated as Prime Minister, he has visited Yasukuni Shrine several times Yasukuni Shrine is the temple of honoring Class-A war criminals from World War II. After he visited Yasukuni Shrine, other Asian countries expressed regret for his action. However, Yasukuni Shrine honors not only war criminals such as Hideki Tojo (who was pushed to start the war) but also every soldier who died in the wars. Before war started, Hideki Tojo was the military minister. At that time the prome minister try to avoid war, but the prime minister couldn’t stop the military power. Hideki Tojo replaced his position, and then he started the war by his army. People from other countries seem to think that only Japanese right-wingers pray for the souls of the militarists at the shrine, but Japanese civilians also go to worship their dead relatives at the shrine. I don’t want to say Prime Minister is wrong because I believed he too visited the Shrine as a Japanese civilian. Also, every people who is visiting the shrine, praying that such a tragedy would never happen again any places in the world.The Japanese think visiting Yasukuni Shrine is to mourn for the dead, and pray for peace.
I understand the feeling of Asian countries who think this is absurd!. They sufferd greatly in the war. I think the Prime Minister should not go to the shrine. The meaning of the shrine is too different for Japanese people and Asian people, so it is really hard to share the meaning of the shrine. I suggest If the Prime Minister want to visit the Shrine, he also visit other countries’ shrine in honor of their victims of the war.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200310/13/eng20031013_125863.shtml
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200301/15/eng20030115_110181.shtml